Tooth extraction can be carried out for numerous reasons. Broken teeth,and severe periodontal disease demands removal of the teeth. If left untreated,prolonged tooth decay can severely damage the healthy teeth requiring tooth extraction once again.
As suggested by the dentist in ahmedabad,it may also be necessary to remove crowded teeth without gaps in the mouth,further preventing possible complications. Wisdom teeth removal is one of the most well-known reasons for tooth extraction cases.
Tooth extraction process:
The tooth extraction process is a dental treatment that involves removing teeth that cannot be repaired.
It is also important to replace teeth that need to be removed and reinstated to restore missing teeth space. Dental implants is the best solution for the replacement of the missing teeth.
While removing teeth in most situations,pain is not observed. For minimizing the pain,before taking out a tooth,the dentist performs local anesthesia to numb the area.
Pain after tooth extraction
Most often,there is no discomfort faced while in the post-inspection period after tooth extraction. Sometimes an infection occurs in the support area,termed as dry socket. Also,it is identified by very severe pain after twenty-four hours.
Most probably,the pain is experienced as a result of dry sockets. Antibiotic treatment and a dental clinic visit are essential for cleaning wound if food gets trapped within the socket.
In such instances it is advisable to initiate appropriate antibiotic treatment while preserving proper hygiene.
Therefore,if you feel pain after extracting the tooth,it is recommended that you immediately contact our dental clinic in Ahmedabad so that you can receive suitable therapy to eliminate potential food residues.
If you have severe or pulsating pain and swelling,you should immediately seek treatment guidance at Vyom Orthodontics & Dental Care.
When tooth extraction is recommended:
If the tooth cannot be restored,a tooth extraction will be performed. These losses can occur due to the following reasons:
â ¢ Extensive cavities cannot be treated because they have damaged many teeth.
â ¢ A multitude of infections can cause damage to teeth.
â ¢ When the infection reaches the nerve,and for some reason,root canal treatment is not possible.
â ¢ If it is a fracture that spreads under the gums.
â ¢ While carrying out teeth aligning treatment where there is not enough space for the teeth to get moved.
â ¢ In case of advanced periodontitis.
Tooth extraction aftercare:
- After tooth extraction procedure,you may be numbed for several hours due to anaesthesia. To protect you from being injured,such as accidentally cutting yourself or eating hot food,it is suggested that you should avoid eating until its effects disappear.
- After getting the teeth out,your dentist will place a covering with which you will have to bite your teeth hard. That helps to limit the bleeding,although a little drop of blood is likely to continue to leak within a few days of the wound.
- Biting the gauze for about an hour will help in compressing the wound. If the bleeding does not stop over time,you should visit your dentist.
- Regardless of whether or not stitches are in place,proper compression during the bleeding phase is necessary for the formation of blood clots.
- In the first twenty-four hours after tooth removal,we should avoid spitting or rinsing,as the blood clots formed from it will dry out and the blood will again flow into the tooth extracting area.
- You can brush your teeth regularly after twenty-four hours and keep your wound clean. Therefore,it is suggested using a surgical brush which prevents food debris accumulation over the wound.
- Substantial physical activity,such as exercising can cause blood clots to flow,bleeding,and obstructions in the remedial process. Also it is highly recommended to avoid smoking or drinking while the process is undertaken as it can further delay the process.
- You should not eat such food that gets stuck in between the wound.
- After the tooth removal procedure during the initial period make a habit of chewing through the opposite side.
After the tooth removal,the treatment spot becomes inflamed. This is a prevalent trait after an intervention,and this symptom will decline with time. The inflammation gradually goes down once it is past 24 to 72 hours.
Replacing tooth after the extraction process:
After taking out the teeth,it is important to plan your space restoration. Losing teeth can cause serious dental problems,such as:
â ¢ Unnecessary tooth shaking or tooth shedding.
â ¢ Gap formation among the teeth.
â ¢ Poor bites.
â ¢ Tooth allergy.
â ¢ TMJ problems
If you lose or carry out a tooth extraction therapy,dental implant would be the best option for restoration as it is more durable,comfortable and visually more appealing in the aesthetic point of view.
Risk associated during wisdom teeth extractions:
Any surgical operation carries a series of risks. It is beneficial to understand the risk of wisdom tooth extraction.
Typically wisdom teeth removal does not cause too many complexities since the dentist will plan your specific case circumventing the potential risks of intervention. Most common traits involving wisdom teeth extraction are bleeding,mouth opening difficulty,teeth pain in the surrounding areas and postoperative infection.
If any of these above mention symptoms are noticed,it is essential to contact the dentist as soon as possible to provide a solution.
The complication arises when the wisdom teeth is closely connected to the lower teeth nerve. Though now we know that the risk are of a diverse range,in most cases,chances of experiencing discomfort are minimal.